Top 4 Questions About Energy Medicine
How is Energy Medicine Practiced?
Energy Medicine heals the body by activating its natural healing energies; you also heal the body by restoring energies that have become weak, disturbed, or out of balance. It utilizes techniques from healing traditions such as acupuncture, yoga, kinesiology, and qi gong. Flow, balance, and harmony can be non-invasively restored and maintained within an energy system by tapping, massaging, pinching, twisting, or connecting specific energy points (acupoints) on the skin; by tracing or swirling the hand over the skin along specific energy pathways; through exercises or postures designed for specific energetic effects; by focused use of the mind to move specific energies; and/or by surrounding an area with healing energies.
How Does It Work?
Energy Medicine recognizes energy as a vital, living, moving force that determines much about health and happiness. In Energy Medicine, energy is the medicine, and energy is also the patient:
1. You heal the body by activating its natural healing energies (energy as the medicine).
2. You also heal the body by restoring energies that have become weak, disturbed, or out of balance (energy as the patient).
To overcome illness and maintain vibrant health, the body needs its energies to:
1 . Move and have space to continue to move — energies may become blocked due to toxins, muscular or other constriction, prolonged stress, or interference from other energies.
2. Move in specific patterns — generally in harmony with the physical structures and functions that the energies animate and support. “Flow follows function.”
3. Cross over — at all levels, from the microlevel of the double helix of DNA, extending to the macrolevel where the left side of the brain controls the right side of the body and the right side controls the left.
4. Maintain a balance with other energies — the energies may lose their natural balance due to prolonged stress or other conditions that keep specific energy systems in a survival mode.
5. Conversely, when the body is not healthy, corresponding disturbances in its energies can be identified and treated.
Is Energy Medicine Spiritual?
Entering the world of your body’s subtle energies is a bridge into the domain of your deepest spiritual callings and your eternal essence. While no particular belief system, allegiance, or religious affiliation is associated with Energy Medicine, many people find that energy work touches into the realms of soul and spirit.
Can anyone do it?
Absolutely! Working with your energies is your birthright.
As a practitioner of Energy Medicine, I am again utilizing:
Applied Kinesiology (AK) – Also called muscle testing, AK is a diagnostic or therapeutic tool that identifies the root cause of symptoms you are experiencing.
I am also working with 9 or the 10 different energy systems:
Central & Governing
What happens in an Energy Medicine Session?
Just like in the Lifeline, Energy wants to move and no two sessions are identical, however there are a few basic steps that will always occur.
Once identifying why my client has come to visit me,
1. I always start by checking some of the basic of the daily energy routine such as muscle testing to see if my client is grounded, hydrated, has the correct north/south polarity. Making sure that their energy is crossing over rather then being in a homolateral state.
2. After doing some of the preliminary checks, depending on the symptoms that are being presented, I will then muscle test Meridian Alarm Points, pulse points, and/or muscle Meridian Meridian.
Unlike the Lifeline Technique, I am utilizing a massage table for both client comfort and ultimately to make energy corrections.
Corrections may be made by tracing the meridian energy backwards or forwards, holding acupressure points to either strengthen the energy to the meridian or holding points to sedate excess energy.
After making corrections, I will balance my client’s energy by doing one or more technique such as:
A quickie energy routine which is a combination of holding points, massaging acupressure points, flushing the Neurolymphatics along the spin by using a mild/firm pressure.
Black pearl which consists of holding various Neuromuscular points on the head.
Brazilian Toe which is simply working with different points to turn on the electrics of the body.
These and more.
Once finished whether receiving a Lifeline Session or Energy Medicine session, I always discuss homework activities that will further enhance and maintain the work we have done within our session.